Debian Fonts Task Force
Welcome to the website of the pkg-fonts team.
Current detailed review of all the fonts in the Debian archive with previews, metadata and coverage reports with links to the PTS entries of each package.
Please use the review to deal with font bugs in the archive. Thanks!
The aim of this Debian team is to:
- maintain open fonts
- maintain related software forming the toolkit to do open font design (apt-get install open-font-design-toolkit)
- review existing fonts in the archive for redundancy, description accuracy, licensing compliance
- be in touch with the type design community to encourage them to use FLOSS licenses for their creation
- test and tweak the interaction of fonts with other parts of the OS especially in the area of i18n (Unicode coverage, style coherence per language, smart features, etc)
- create the appropriate metapackages
The team is open to everyone who would like to help.
Follow and join the conversation of the key people involved in the open font community on Planet Open Fonts and track some of the commit activity on satellite open font vcs.
We will work together with projects related to libre/open fonts like OpenFontLibrary.org, the unifont.org fontguide, the Ubuntu fonts team, the Fedora font SIG, the TextLayout Summit and the Libre Graphics Meeting communities.
We will help define a freedesktop.org common open font set.